Where to connect my amp remote wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasv8

Reaction score
I decided to install an aftermarket Audio Art amp to my stock radio system
(Not a Bose system).I cannot find a 12v ignition wire to connect my remote wire from the amp.I tried all the fuses on the fuse block but no luck.I tried looking around to see if i had a Factory Amp so i can piggy back from it, but couldn't find it.Please help!

clkelley

Reaction score
Look under the dash to the left of the brake pedal, there is a black cover over a harness block. Remove the cover and plug the wire you are trying to get power to to the pin all the way down in the lower right corner of the block. It will also only come on with the ignition being on.

gibsonsynthetics

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good to know, I have never wired an amp that way. I have always run the 12v wire to the remote wire in the back of my head-unit and spliced the two of them together. This has the same affect as running it directly to the ignition block, but not as clean.

clkelley

Reaction score
I used that spot for a pac brake exhaust brake and air bag set up on that same dually that the remote start was in and never had one issue out of that...lol