Which shocks to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dahlar

Reaction score
I have the premium ride suspension non-autoride shocks in the back. I am thinking about just buying bilstein like the factory fronts and swapping out the premium in the back with them as well, but I see two numbers for the Rear on the Bilsteins:
F4-BE5-6501-H0
or
F4-BE5-E380-H0?

I have a lot of miles on my 02 Yukon and I bet my rear shocks are close to dead...I don't think I am going to lower, but if I do I would use extenders anyways. Any opions on the KYB GR2s or just stick with Bilsteins?

667theneighbour

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the Rancho RSX and they work great. Better handling on road, haven't tried them off-road. The actually leveled the front with the rear.

pincusa

Reaction score
I JUST installed the Bilsteins yesterday and was amazed at the difference and my truck only has 64K miles. But the old shocks were totally gone.

There are two PN for the rear. I don't know the difference but look at the Bilstein web site. They both were OK to use

sparvin

Reaction score
Anyone use Monroe's? I've got Monroe Reflex on my F250 and like them fine. I do have to put some new ones on the yukon and was wondering what people like.

Dahlar

Reaction score
Received the Bilsteins today, about ready to install them. Will report back with my findings.

Dahlar

Reaction score
Drives like a new vehicle! Very happy with the Bilsteins. Only took around 3 hours. I was able to use vice grips on the old shafts below and an impact on the top of the front shocks. The most time consuming part was jacking up the car and taking off/putting back on the wheels. One of the easier shock replacement jobs I have done.