Why did you buy your SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats what I love about the 02. I beat the crap out of that like i did my 06 yukon. Keeps running, although today i brought the jeep in to have an oil change and wound up needing 1000 bucks in work. All the fluids and my suspension system went, so getting it all fixed now. I new jumps were not the best thing. :D

bunkleman21

Reaction score
I was actually looking for a extended cab silverado but I found my '00 for $2000 less than a pickup with basically the same miles. I am very happy with my decision and really havent required the pickup bed since I bought it. I have though driven 9 people a couple of times and sat 10 once. Couldnt (at least as comfortably) have done that on a cold rainy night in a pickup.

Mine visits the woods often in many different forms of hunting and fishing and works great. I am going to need a sheet of plastic for the back for deer hunting season.

I am willing to pay more for gas to be comfortable and safe and look good while doing it.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Ahhh good to see a fellow jeep guy on here!!!

I've always owned jeeps, but we're a true chevy family. I was the only one that didnt have a chevy (bro has 1500 truck, sis has suburban, parents have tahoe, 4 door 1500, and vette).

I bought my tahoe because i like the comfort, style and also to tow my real toy...
DSC00692.jpg

Judging from the picture, I'd say you are lacking a front locker.

StylerG

Reaction score
at the time i was! Final hill on final run of the day, 5 jeeps before me that tore the loose gravel up and created a larger than life rut (hence tire below body line) just nothing for tires to grab. It was one of those, 5 guys before me didnt make it, im sure i will ha! Love it. That jeep has 230,000 miles on it too-has driven everywhere it wheels and always makes it home.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The doors on my jeep don't close to fitting anymore, so I took em off
DSC01573.jpg

Gotta love the frame-less unibody jeeps :ack:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at the time i was! Final hill on final run of the day, 5 jeeps before me that tore the loose gravel up and created a larger than life rut (hence tire below body line) just nothing for tires to grab. It was one of those, 5 guys before me didnt make it, im sure i will ha! Love it. That jeep has 230,000 miles on it too-has driven everywhere it wheels and always makes it home.

230,000 that is about the mileage that I got rid of mine. The Tahoe though it is only 2 wheel drive suits my needs now as I did the off roading thing and lost interest in it.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMEN!!!!

but the vette is still faster. :lol:

but my big 6000 pound suv is alot faster than alot of the other ones. plus is more comfortable.

But If its just me i take the jeep, that 4.7 HO has a TON of power. I wanna drag race (on a closed course of course) between the jeep and yukon to see. have someone drive the jeep and i drive the kon.

"but the Vette is still faster" yah true, but my 6000LB Tahoe thinks it's a Corvette and love to eat Fords and Honda's for lunch. I always have too many people or too much stuff to carry to justify a Vette.

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally went car shopping with my friend because he wanted an expidition. We looked at every Carmax there was in Charlotte and then to the Ford Dealership with no luck. At the Ford Dealership there was a yukon there and I was looking at it and I told him lets go to the Chevy dealer and look at Tahoes because I've always liked em. We got there and there were Tahoes and Yukons everywhere. I was originally looking at an 04 Z71, however when I opened the door it smelled like an ashtray, and I saw mine and the salesman said thats the nicest one he had on the lot. 30 minutes later, after a little haggling, I was in the office filling out paperwork. 17,000 with only 36,000 miles seemed like a good deal for the Kon and while I was filling out the paperwork, apparently one of the salesman pissed off the manager because a deal on an escalade kept falling thru, and he saw my friend looking at it and walked over and said, "your looking for an expidition, I'll let you have that for 16,500." He couldnt pass it up so hes now driving the Escapade and Ive got a Kon. My first large vehicle and I love it. There's plenty of room to put stuff (Im used to a 95 Honda Accord, where two pepsi cans fills up the center console) and I love the torque of the V8(Another first for me). With gas prices starting to drop Im really going to love it now. I only drive it on the weekends because I drive a semi over the road during the week so Im not putting gas in it every other day. Thats one of the reasons why I bought it. They were dirt cheap at the time and now gas is starting to go down so I'm lovin it.:cool:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I originally went car shopping with my friend because he wanted an expidition. We looked at every Carmax there was in Charlotte and then to the Ford Dealership with no luck. At the Ford Dealership there was a yukon there and I was looking at it and I told him lets go to the Chevy dealer and look at Tahoes because I've always liked em. We got there and there were Tahoes and Yukons everywhere. I was originally looking at an 04 Z71, however when I opened the door it smelled like an ashtray, and I saw mine and the salesman said thats the nicest one he had on the lot. 30 minutes later, after a little haggling, I was in the office filling out paperwork. 17,000 with only 36,000 miles seemed like a good deal for the Kon and while I was filling out the paperwork, apparently one of the salesman pissed off the manager because a deal on an escalade kept falling thru, and he saw my friend looking at it and walked over and said, "your looking for an expidition, I'll let you have that for 16,500." He couldnt pass it up so hes now driving the Escapade and Ive got a Kon. My first large vehicle and I love it. There's plenty of room to put stuff (Im used to a 95 Honda Accord, where two pepsi cans fills up the center console) and I love the torque of the V8(Another first for me). With gas prices starting to drop Im really going to love it now. I only drive it on the weekends because I drive a semi over the road during the week so Im not putting gas in it every other day. Thats one of the reasons why I bought it. They were dirt cheap at the time and now gas is starting to go down so I'm lovin it.:cool:

Yeah now is the time to buy, con grats on you're ride.

tnezukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Filled up with Premium(the only thing i ever put it any vehicle) today and cost me 80.00. Two weeks ago, the last time I filled up, it cost me 100. Im glad its finally coming down.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Actually several reasons why I got mine:
I needed something with plenty of room that would haul my family and gear when we go on vacations and camping trips, safely and comfortably.
Something with large enough cargo space to tote around all the tools and supplies for both my hobbies and work.
Needed a truck to pull a boat and to haul my autox car to events.