why does my tahoe shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinggreen803

Reaction score
does any one know what could cause my tahoe to shake? I have balanced and rotated my tires and it still shakes I even changed both upper and lower ball joints maybe someone can help me out

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need more symptoms. Like it gets worse as it goes faster and faster, I first notice it at 24 mph, it only happens between 60 and 70 mph, it shakes the rear view mirror, it seems like it's coming from the right rear, I hear it before I feel it, it happens in both 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive, it dosn't make any difference what gear I'm in, etc...........................:)

kinggreen803

Reaction score
ok it only shakes when i reach about 30 mph gets worse the faster i go and when i slow down it feels like there is a lump in my tire but there is no lump. i feel it from the front drivers side.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, first things first. Make sure there is no mud or ? on the inside of the wheel.

If you suspect the tire itself, swap it for the spare and see if the problem goes away...........:cool2:

kinggreen803

Reaction score
thats what i was thinking was the wheel bearing, some people say that it needs an alignment. i am going to try an alignment first then i am going to replace the wheel bearing

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when ur gettin an alignment most places will inform you of any problems restricting them from performing it correctly

kinggreen803

Reaction score
ok i figured it out after hundreds of dollars. The problem was the driver side brake caliper was seized and it was scrubbing my rotor at all times.

vinmhslax15

Reaction score
We need more symptoms. Like it gets worse as it goes faster and faster, I first notice it at 24 mph, it only happens between 60 and 70 mph, it shakes the rear view mirror, it seems like it's coming from the right rear, I hear it before I feel it, it happens in both 2 wheel drive and 4 wheel drive, it dosn't make any difference what gear I'm in, etc...........................:)

haha dude if i were you i wouldnt be doing 70 in 4 wheel drive

q8 yukon

Reaction score
My yukon starts to shake in 100 mph to 120 mph :D... but i dont know the problem :p

Jdouc

Reaction score
Ok guys I have a similar issue that I asked in another thread and only received one response so I am trying it here. Mine shakes really really bad. But 95% of the time it is only when I am towing something heavy....up hill. It starts lightly and continues to get worse in less than 15 seconds. Everything shakes and gets worse and worse. The only way to stop it is to put the gas to the floor so it shifts or slow down and allow the engine RPM's to drop..alot. It does not do it if I am just coasting or giving it light gas, it is only when I am trying to push it a little. I changed wires, plugs, distributor cap and rotor at least 3 times with no change. Sometimes the Check Engine light comes on and if I can get it somewhere to check it before it goes out, it reads multipule missfire and they recommend a tune up... duh.... I tell them I did that and they don't have a clue. The wierd part is when I change the cap and rotor, there is this light green dust all inside the cap and it looks like the cap and rotor have like 50,000 miles instead of 3 to 5,000. Any ideas?

DefEddie

Reaction score
Jdouc,check the drive gear at the bottom of the dist.
You need to get it on a scanner and view PIDS while driving to verify it's not a fueling issue.
pull the plugs and see if any are fouled out and you might narrow it down to a single cylinder.

Any shop that reads a multiple misfire code(P0300) and reccomends a tuneup after you've already done one is a bad shop.
They should have checked plug wires and plug integrity before they ever gave a diagnosis of "Tuneup".
If you paid them for the diagnosis,then consider it education tax and learn not to use them anymore.
That's just my opinion...

mross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you might be drawing moisture into the distributor causing your green stuff under cap.sounds like the new cap did not seal right