Wind/Bug Deflectors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiedav

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I would love some feedback on this. I bought a '08 Tahoe LTZ a couple of months ago and it came with a Bug Deflector on the front and side Window Deflectors. Does anyone else have these? What are your take on the looks and over all performance of them?? I am not sure I like the looks of them and I'm considering removing them.

Thanks!!

Eddie

Attachments

• New Car.JPG
    New Car.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 16

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eddiedav,
Personally ,I don't like the look of the bug deflector and don't feel it does all that much good anyway. I did however get the wind deflectors which are good for "deflecting wind" when the window is open but also good for opening the window a crack in the rain w/o getting rain inside the cabin. I drive a '08 Yukon XL and an '07 Tahoe for my job--CO. car. If you open the window in the rain ,water which accumulates at the top of the window drips on to the power switches of the door and your leg....this can't be good :). I noticed this with the Yukon and Tahoe. For this reason alone the wind deflectors are a good idea.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. Also, the front one, at least on mine, took only 5 minutes to install since it used the holes already under the hood and I know from past trucks, eliminates the chips/dents in the paint from debris in the road. The think the in-channel vent visors, like from Weathertech, are much better than the stick-on type. Also went with the sunroof deflector too - much quieter than without. All what you like/dislike.
Visors1.jpg

frontwhite.jpg

SunroofDeflector.jpg

caligts

Reaction score
I have EGR Window and hood guards and I'm completely satisfied with them. My opinion is if your going to get them than be sure they are the inline sets that sit in the window grrove and not 3m tape to the outside area.

NikonD40x858.jpg

Yukon Joe XL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Weathertech which are good for taking out if I no longer wanted them for whatever reason. No 3m tape. Installed all 4 in about 5 minutes too....a bonus:) I happen to like the look but it's all in opinion