worth it or no??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey, do you guys think the box that goes under the seat on a four door is worth it or no? you cant use the seat (meaning folding it down) if its under there.. it holds 2 10's with 3 inch or 3 1/2 inch mounting depth ... or is it worth it to go with a big custom box like the ones shown???? thanks

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the box ontop i can get for 230 with the 2 sonys in it.. or i can get the same box for a hundred without those subs?? any suggestions?? anything wrong with those sonys?? or is it better to go bigger?? because no matter what im not going to fold down the back seat with eather box i get back there.. it would be pointless to fold it down and have a huge sub box chillen right there.. u know??

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the box ontop i can get for 230 with the 2 sonys in it.. or i can get the same box for a hundred without those subs?? any suggestions?? anything wrong with those sonys?? or is it better to go bigger?? because no matter what im not going to fold down the back seat with eather box i get back there.. it would be pointless to fold it down and have a huge sub box chillen right there.. u know??

i have a 10" pair of sony Xplodes in my mercedes, they hit nice. i would reccommend them, but dont know much about them other than that their subs that fit under the boot storage behind the seats.

someone else may reccommend different ones.

jbenson

Reaction score
u're going to have more options to go bigger with the box behind the seat but then u stick out like a sore thumb for the lowrent thefts.

with the box under the seat u can atleast fold the back down some right? just wondering because i was going to put 2 10's in a box like that.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the guy who makes em says u cant fit anything bigger meaning 12's or anything.. it has to be 10's and with about 3inch mounting depth. so im taking it like its not really worth it, i have a tahoe man.. imean i want that thing to bump.. lol

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah If you want it to bump, maybe the 10s under the seat wouldnt be enough. I like the second last picture. but man, that looks expensive.
If your keeping you seat down anyway, put your sub enclosure on TOP of the folded seat. I think that would work best.. but thats just me.

My buddy has an excursion, and he has the box in the back behind the rear seats. Theres plenty of room in there even with the box. anyway, the sub enclosure has a long whip, and he had the installer put a disconnect there, so he can move it around, or take it out if needed.

Harry Pluta

Reaction score
I don't know, I played bass in a band for a long time and I was playing through a set of 4 10s. The thing I like about tens is that the bass is a lot tighter. The downside is you need more power to push them. The speakers I was using were the aluminum Hartke units. This was back in the 70s and 80s, in those days I was still playing way too loud.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YES. Hartke makes/made great cabinets back then. I had a 2x 10 with the aluminum cones like you mentioned. I also had a great 4x10 sonic that I liked also before the Hartke. I ran a trace elloit head on both.
They do give great pop and mid response for bass guitar. Maybe they could be made to rock under the back seat.

What kind of music he listens to might play a factor in this decision too, eh?
Like, if you like that super low frq bass, then something beefier?

I had 2 pioneer IMPP i think they were...2x 10s in an enclosure in my old S10 LS and its was too much for the small space of the cabin...

Maybe the 10s WOULD work.

Attachments

• hartke.jpg
    hartke.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 36

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want some subs that will hit hard check out the FUSION POWERPLANT Dual Voice Coil Subs. the high grade line, (theres 2) i have the older series 12's and i haven't been able to destroy them yet.

They'll blow sony's and pioneers completely out of the water.

the middle box is nice, sort of like mine but it's not ported and the spares in there beside it

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys.. yeah ill take a look into those subs u mentioned. imean im a normal kid who likes the rap, rock, imean pretty much everything... but yeah i think the idea of not going under the seat is best for me. jsut bcuz i know i can change my subs whenever i want to move it around like u said and such.. the box under the seat is very limted to subs choices.. the mounting depth is only 3 inches.. and only 10 wide.. soo.. thanks alot tho,.