Yes.....another newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l080100

Reaction score
Just saying hello, and introducing the Yukon. As with most other newbies, the deal we got on our 03 Yukon SLT was very good. Since I work from home and my wife stays home with our son, the gas mileage is of no real concern It was under 12k for the 4WD SLT (5.3 flex fuel) with every option but the sunroof and DVD player. It has the power pedals, heated seats, CD changer etc. etc. One of my favorite mods already on the truck is the dual cat-back magnaflow exhaust setup. Pretty sweet...

Surprisingly, there is no RUST on it, and it's been here in Southern MN it's whole life....

I'm no stranger to automotive forums (parted with my BMW 540i 6speed for the Yukon), and am looking forward to the wealth of Yukon/Tahoe knowledge here!

DSCF0778.JPG

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome man! sounds like you got a good deal. I have the exhaust that you were talking about. Its Cat Back custom bent dual with the stock style exit coming out both sides. I know there is a forum i created with pics just after i got it put on. just do a search for my name and you should find it. Once you get your exhaust i would got with an AEM brute force CAI to let that truck breath better. also a couple other easy mods are color matching your bowtie, heads and tails. Also i just color matched my tow hooks in the front. Oh and debadging is a must! once again, welcome to the fam, man!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Clean looking truck. Welcome to the forum:beerchug: Lots of cool people and stuff you can learn.

yukong

Reaction score
Welcome from a Newbie also!!

Might as well take advantage of the deals while there still here.

Truck looks good. :thumbsup:

l080100

Reaction score
welcome man! sounds like you got a good deal. I have the exhaust that you were talking about. Its Cat Back custom bent dual with the stock style exit coming out both sides. I know there is a forum i created with pics just after i got it put on. just do a search for my name and you should find it. Once you get your exhaust i would got with an AEM brute force CAI to let that truck breath better.

I saw the pics of your exhaust and thats pretty much the exact setup that's on our truck. Custom bent to come out on each side. the CAI will be in the works soon, as it would be a nice compliment to the exhaust setup. I also noticed the WA plates in your pics. We moved from WA (Bonney Lake) to Minnesota last year. Whereabouts in WA are ya located?

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw the pics of your exhaust and thats pretty much the exact setup that's on our truck. Custom bent to come out on each side. the CAI will be in the works soon, as it would be a nice compliment to the exhaust setup. I also noticed the WA plates in your pics. We moved from WA (Bonney Lake) to Minnesota last year. Whereabouts in WA are ya located?

yah i love my exhaust, its a bit different around here. Im stationed at NAS Whidbey Island. I was born in Puyallup and grew up around Spanaway/Graham and T-Compton(as my buddies call it). If you need rims, call Brandon at the Auburn Discount Tire and tell him Ryan sent you. he will hook you up, thats my boy.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Great looking Yukon! Just curious, was your previous vehicle an E34 or E39 540i? I have an E39 M5, so I am familiar with the E39 as well.

l080100

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Great looking Yukon! Just curious, was your previous vehicle an E34 or E39 540i? I have an E39 M5, so I am familiar with the E39 as well.

Thanks!. Our 540i was an E39, 1997. We were only the second owners of it, but it was time to let it go. What year is your E39 M5? Once the Yukon is paid down a bit and we're done having kids, I'm def. getting back into another BMW. Problem is, I HATE the newer 5 series body. I guess my perfect BMW would be a nice, under 75k miles Euro M635csi. I've already owned a regular Euro 635csi, and that was a blast!

l080100

Reaction score
Welcome...

Another happy bimmer owner... E46 Dinan 3 owner here!

Sweet. I like the E46 3's. I've got to admit it is faily strange going from the BMW 5 series to a Yukon, just due to the ride height, handling etc. But, so far we love the Yukon and miss the BMW.

JsnChristianson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!. Our 540i was an E39, 1997. We were only the second owners of it, but it was time to let it go. What year is your E39 M5? Once the Yukon is paid down a bit and we're done having kids, I'm def. getting back into another BMW. Problem is, I HATE the newer 5 series body. I guess my perfect BMW would be a nice, under 75k miles Euro M635csi. I've already owned a regular Euro 635csi, and that was a blast!

My vehicle is a 2000 model year, I love it! I am surpised to hear that you hate the E60 though, I really like it. The E60 M5 is especially beautiful. But the Chris Bangle designs seem to create either a love/hate reaction, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground with his designs. Either way, I can tell from both of your vehicles, you obviously have good taste! Take care!

l080100

Reaction score
My vehicle is a 2000 model year, I love it! I am surpised to hear that you hate the E60 though, I really like it. The E60 M5 is especially beautiful. But the Chris Bangle designs seem to create either a love/hate reaction, there doesn't seem to be much middle ground with his designs. Either way, I can tell from both of your vehicles, you obviously have good taste! Take care!

I wish we'd have got an M5 when we bought the 540i, but there were still a tad out of our price range at the time. I've driven several of them, and they are a real blast. My other ideal BMW would have to be the E34 M5.

Yes, tha Bangle designs just don't do it for me. It's like you said, either love em or hate em. I can't say I'd turn down a newer M5. With a 500HP V10, who would?!!

Scoobey

Reaction score
Funny that BMW Comes Up...

I'm looking at buying a 2000 Tahoe (109,000 mi., clean, $6k, love to hear any thoughts on good deal/bad deal/what to look for etc.). Reason is that our AWD Mazda van died, but it's open the larger discussion of whether/how we want to reshuffle our vehicle "fleet" (the '98 Pontiac commuter car and my '85 BMW 535i). Love the BMW and especially the E28 body style; needs some work (broken seats, paint faded, new muffler, some fluid leads) but still a really strong driver, stupidly fast.

The thing that's appealing about the Tahoe is that it seems to have a cult following, just like the E28 BMWs have. It's reassuring to have a large group of knowledgeable people who all like the car, and helpful to have that big troubleshooting database if something does go wrong.

l080100

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a 2000 Tahoe (109,000 mi., clean, $6k, love to hear any thoughts on good deal/bad deal/what to look for etc.). Reason is that our AWD Mazda van died, but it's open the larger discussion of whether/how we want to reshuffle our vehicle "fleet" (the '98 Pontiac commuter car and my '85 BMW 535i). Love the BMW and especially the E28 body style; needs some work (broken seats, paint faded, new muffler, some fluid leads) but still a really strong driver, stupidly fast.

The thing that's appealing about the Tahoe is that it seems to have a cult following, just like the E28 BMWs have. It's reassuring to have a large group of knowledgeable people who all like the car, and helpful to have that big troubleshooting database if something does go wrong.

Whereabout's are you located? If your 535i a 5 speed? Are you considering parting with it? Let me know!!

Scoobey

Reaction score
l080100: More info on BMW

Unfortunately, yeah, we are thinking of parting with the 535i. It's 5 speed, 145,000 miles, really strong engine (never overheated, at least since I've owned it -- that's about the only thing that can kill these!). I've had it up to 130 and was still accelerating when I decided that was enough and slowed back down! I'm in Portland, OR. If you're interested shoot me a mail: scott AtT disputesolutions Dott org.

God, I hate spambots!