Your Stock Speakers Don't Suck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djnsmith7

Reaction score
I want to add another touch to this thread...For those of you with an Ipod Video, download Videora Ipod Converter http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/ & convert your DVDs so they can play on your Ipod...This software has some great features, but what I really like is, 1, you don't lose any video or sound quality...2, they only take up about 600MB on your Ipod...

Let me just tell you, The Matrix not only looks badass in my Tahoe, but the sound on these Bose speakers is ridiculous...The sound is amazing...If you haven't tried this yet, you need to...No joke...Blows my friends & relatives away every time I play a movie on the Ipod in the car...

Last edited:

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. When I play my ipod through the bose the bass response is almost zero. I have some $2 headphones that I use with my ipod and the sound beats the bose by a mile. Bose is crap anyway you look at it.

djnsmith7

Reaction score
Interesting. When I play my ipod through the bose the bass response is almost zero. I have some $2 headphones that I use with my ipod and the sound beats the bose by a mile. Bose is crap anyway you look at it.

Now that's interesting...I have a nice bass response with my Ipod through my speakers...Much better than anything from the stereo or CD player (deck)...

I don't see how our Bose stock speakers could be so different...I did configure my Ipod (raised the bass, treble & loudness)...Plus, I always make sure my Ipod is turned up all the way, then control the volume from the deck...That makes a big difference...Maybe your bass is turned down on either your Ipod or deck...You should be getting great sound out of those speakers...I know I am...

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried turning the bass up on both and the volume on the ipod all the way and all it does is weaken the treble. I know it is a cheapie sound system but I still expect more from it because I've had cheaper systems that sound better.
I've never been impressed by anything from bose, this system is no different

djnsmith7

Reaction score
I tried turning the bass up on both and the volume on the ipod all the way and all it does is weaken the treble. I know it is a cheapie sound system but I still expect more from it because I've had cheaper systems that sound better.
I've never been impressed by anything from bose, this system is no different

Fair enough...I guess I was very fortunate with the set of speakers that came in my vehicle...

Ech0

Reaction score
Adding an Amplifier / Sub to my wife's BOSE system made her a happy camper. She's a semi-Bass head too. I'm not (Bass head) but I still thought the Bass was a little weak.

Define BOSE...... Buy Other Stereo Equipment ;)

rockrawler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add another touch to this thread...For those of you with an Ipod Video, download Videora Ipod Converter http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/ & convert your DVDs so they can play on your Ipod...This software has some great features, but what I really like is, 1, you don't lose any video or sound quality...2, they only take up about 600MB on your Ipod...

Let me just tell you, The Matrix not only looks badass in my Tahoe, but the sound on these Bose speakers is ridiculous...The sound is amazing...If you haven't tried this yet, you need to...No joke...Blows my friends & relatives away everytime I play a movie on the Ipod in the car...

Nice tip on the converter. I am trying it out right now.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stereo sound opinion is so variable as some hate Bose and others are happy with it.If I were to spend $5,000 I could have a killer system, but I like my speed compensated volume too much and no after market has that.:tooth: :tooth: :tooth: :tooth:
My last car had some no name cheapie system that cost me about $300 installed and it sounded better.
I have a 10 year old jeep with the original basic system that sounds better than a new bose.
I dont know what bose does to their stuff, but whatever it is makes it sound flat. Maybe it's too much noise reduction.