Your Stock Speakers Don't Suck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djnsmith7

Reaction score
For anyone that thinks your stock speakers suck, make sure you either try an aftermarket deck or an Ipod...

I could tell when I first got my Tahoe that my speakers had potential, but couldn't really tell how much...Until I connected my Ipod...Holy Crap!...Insane difference...

I know you can spend $2k & get better speakers, but why do that if you don't really need to...If you haven't tried an Ipod yet, you need to...

Also, quick tip, make sure your Ipod is turned all the way up...My Ipod turns itself down a bit each time I turn it off, so to maximize the sound quality, I have to turn the Ipod all the way up...

As a side note, I bought my Aux cable from Fry's for like $3...Don't get stiffed & buy that damn $20 Aux cable from the Apple Store...Anyhow, just thought I'd share...

Last edited:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree w/ you more, djnsmith7, but didn't think to post about it. I notice a great difference in sound quality when I plug my iPod nano in as well (volume max'd)...true evidence that each Bose system is engineered differently w/ each vehicle make/model. When I plug my iPod into my MAX's Bose system, it's very loud and the freakin' bass is too heavy! AND I LOVE BASS!!! And I know that the MAX has much more wattage than the Hoe's. Go figure! :confused2: Anyway, that's the wife's system to enjoy now--she loves pumping her salsa music... :lol:

Well, everyone in my fam has an iPod (of some sort), ranging from shuffle to full-blown video--80GB. So, I'm not selling anyone short, my little nano that I use for working out pumps quite impressively thru the Hoe's Bose speakers. Just can't seem to grab the time to update my playlists!!! :lol:

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she loves pumping her salsa music... :lol:

I love it.............!! Props to your wife.
I have no desire to change my system's spkrs. Although I'm a little long in the tooth compared to some of you here, I like to crank it up every now and then too and it handles what ever I throw at it!!

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I am listening to my Zune in my Denali I am blown away by the sound that comes out of these speakers. I don't know if anyone has noticed but with Bose systems of the past the louder the music got the more the bass was drowned out, so with loud music you would barely hear the bass bump...not with this truck. I love it!! :thumbsup:

JRTV8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone that thinks your stock speakers suck, make sure you either try an aftermarket deck or an Ipod...

I could tell when I first got my Tahoe that my speakers had potential, but couldn't really tell how much...Until I connected my Ipod...Holy Crap!...Insane difference...

I know you can spend $2k & get better speakers, but why do that if you don't really need to...If you haven't tried an Ipod yet, you need to...

Also, quick tip, make sure your Ipod is turned all the way up...My Ipod turns itself down a bit each time I turn it off, so to maximize the sound quality, I have to turn the Ipod all the way up...

As a side note, I bought my Aux cable from Fry's for like $3...Don't get stiffed & buy that damn $20 Aux cable from the Apple Store...Anyhow, just thought I'd share...

I appreciate the info you have given us Djn,... I'll keep this thread in mind...:thumbsup:

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have a weak I pod jack as the volume output is weak, but CD's sound awesome on the Bose system, so it all depends on the input.

Yeah, was thinking about that as I was pumpin' my mp3 CD today that I made 3 yrs ago! That joint pumps just as loud as the iPod, if not better!!! Seems like the digital direct connect works lovely, but anything w/ a "signal" will lack in sound quality... Can't pump my XM like I do my iPod or CDs...:nonod:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Yeah, was thinking about that as I was pumpin' my mp3 CD today that I made 3 yrs ago! That joint pumps just as loud as the iPod, if not better!!! Seems like the digital direct connect works lovely, but anything w/ a "signal" will lack in sound quality... Can't pump my XM like I do my iPod or CDs...:nonod:

Yeah XM isn't as loud.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love it.............!! Props to your wife.

Yeah, man, thanks... She really gets it done when it comes to pumpin' her sounds! She's just as bad or maybe even worse than me when it comes to her car tunes!!! Actually quite proud of that...:lol: Not too many women out there know how to get down like us (men) when it comes to pumpin' music...LOUD quality music... I have to give it to the imports in this dept, they've actually vastly improved their a/v products/features in their rides over the years... 'Bout damn time, I think... I mean, come on...when someone buys a MAX, they expect a more than just decent sound system, agreed?!! And American built is jumpin on-board finally, too! Somebody @ GM/Chrysler/Jeep finally figured it out!!! Glad about it!!! :D

AND...salsa sounds really good in a good quality system, I must say...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to differ with this post. Yes using a CD or ipod sounds better than the radio, but if you have non-bose speakers they do suck. As soon as you start to turn them up they start distorting, it is very obvious and annoying. I am definitely looking to add an amp and better speakers at some point.

djnsmith7

Reaction score
I'm going to have to differ with this post. Yes using a CD or ipod sounds better than the radio, but if you have non-bose speakers they do suck. As soon as you start to turn them up they start distorting, it is very obvious and annoying. I am definitely looking to add an amp and better speakers at some point.

You can disagree all you want, but when I plug in my Ipod, I can turn it up pretty damn loud without any distortion...You might want to have your speakers checked by the dealer...Mine sound fine at loud volumes...

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can disagree all you want, but when I plug in my Ipod, I can turn it up pretty damn loud without any distortion...You might want to have your speakers checked by the dealer...Mine sound fine at loud volumes...

Really? Do you have the Bose or non-Bose speakers?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score

May not be the speakers, but more likely the amp clipping/distorting the output signal. Most of the time distortion at high volumes is caused by distortion of the audio signal from the amplifier. It's also going to depend on the actual output signal from the aux source and as you mentioned above, whether or not the speakers are powered by the more powerful Bose amp or less powerful standard amp.

HofB99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there may be a sound distortion difference between Bose/non-Bose system. I have the Bose system and the digital sources sound clear & great! Can't speak on the non-Bose though...:nonod:

ChiTownTimmay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Bose speakers differ from Tahoe/Yukon and Denali, because my Denali has that extra center channel speaker that the other versions dont have, I wonder if there are different quality Bose in there???

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Bose system.
Ah, you must have misread my post then:

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Bose speakers differ from Tahoe/Yukon and Denali, because my Denali has that extra center channel speaker that the other versions dont have, I wonder if there are different quality Bose in there???

The transducers in the Yukon are the same as those found in the Tahoe. The amp is only slightly different.

Last edited:

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Bose amp utilizes a clip detection circuit which compresses the waveform if it exceeds the capabilities of the amp. If you're hearing distorsion, I'd check the loudspeaker, or perhaps something in close proximity which could be rattling.