2 weeks of problems for my tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I was thinking of selling my tahoe and I think its got pissed and now its starting to destroy its self

Just last week I broke my torsion bar joint the thing that looks like a bone and is pretty thick and some how I snapped it right in half like its been neutral dropped or something

And today on my way home from my cousins in the pouring rain my tensioner flys off sending the spring flying and just flings the whole assembly off my engine. Im hoping I didn't screw anything up and maybe putting a hole in my radiator.

The damn thing has 68,000 miles on it and its killing me I just put some fresh 08 ltz 20 inch rims on it to I freaking love this truck but WHYYYYYYYYYYYY is it doing this to me.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bolt come loose out of the tensioner or did it break off?

it always happens together. haha

Kevs98hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The whole thing broke apart I was driving and my steering got hard and I heard the spring looked in my mirror saw it boucning accross the road and I stopped and found the tensioner laying on the street a little down the road.

I just got done putting the new one on with a new belt. And I think im going to be putting it up for sale this weekend if the weathers good. I got an eye on the new challenger or camaro.