anyone else have LTZ door handle problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulC

Reaction score
Is this limited to chrome-plated handles? Most of the complaints seem to be from LTZ owners.

BGinFL

Reaction score
add another to the count

08 LTZ 21 days old today and less then 400 miles and drivers door handle has coming off at the front side of handle.. Called local dealership and started telling them about door handle and before I could get it all out they said "Let me guess it's a Tahoe".. They have the part in stock and scheduled to take it in Wednesday for repair.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably won't make anyone feel any better, but Escalades are having the same problem. Seems to me that it might be time for a recall to replace plastic parts with ACTUAL METAL, GM. I haven't had a problem with mine, but everytime I open the door I cringe. Sheesh.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pushed one of my doors shut just a bit with the handle, heard a little snap in there, shouldn't have done that. Opposite of what you guys did probably. Still looks fine but I'll just have it changed since it seems like such a problem. Thought it looked strong on the Z71 but I imagine they're all the same, it's the cheap plastic inside. Or is it a case of "chrome won't get you home". I though chrome sometimes weakend metal, not "chromed" plastic.

mlwald79

Reaction score
lol, 08 denali here. same problem. when i open the door, the entire handle tries to pull away from the door. like its about to pop off. piece of ****..