Death of the SUV?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not worried, thats not real news, its just a blog type thing. funny thing is my mothers acadia gets worse city MPG than the yukon. But i dont care how much gas costs, i will ALWAYS own atleast one suv and one truck. Im down a truck right now and it really sucks. BTW DUDE, that silvy was one of the nicest ones around. hopefully its new owner will treat it well. :D

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's funny is it was on Yahoo's main page with the 4 stories they are currently featuring. As long as people have families and the need to haul things like boats and trailers, there will always be the need for an SUV.

Thanks RT, the DMAX was bad ass but completely impracticle for what I was using it for. Hopefully the new owner is putting it to work!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That was dumb. I'll probably be dead before this Tahoe stops clocking miles, I bet. Again, dumb article, it's pure speculation; as although peak sales have passed, a good number of these are still being sold, despite the gas price "test". Hell, this is all I wanted, even while facing these high gas prices. Someone sure thinks he's brilliant, though.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I think you will see fewer of them as they will be reduced to shorter trips and just not driven that much. as gas gets more expensive with no end in sight cars will shrink. I personally hat the idea of a small car with no creature comforts. Today gas was $4.35 for regular, it will be well over $5.50 a gallon by years end. I reply have to wonder at what point I just can' afford to drive t any longer. I would say if gas were to hit $8.00 a gallon, I would have to stop driving it.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you will see fewer of them as they will be reduced to shorter trips and just not driven that much. as gas gets more expensive with no end in sight cars will shrink. I personally hat the idea of a small car with no creature comforts. Today gas was $4.35 for regular, it will be well over $5.50 a gallon by years end. I reply have to wonder at what point I just can' afford to drive t any longer. I would say if gas were to hit $8.00 a gallon, I would have to stop driving it.

I'll keep my Tahoe forever (5yrs :lol:) but I'm trading my other SUV, maybe next summer, for somthing with better MPG at least 25mpg. I don't own a vehicle that get more than 16mpg highway! Those toyotas :gy: are looking real good right now. Toyota yaris here I come, j/k!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just stay home and have what I need delivered on those days.

dilevery costs more than driving these days. ordered a pizza tonight since its like 105 and no end in site (heat of course, i wish i could say the same about gas LOL) was more than usual, i know they have raised their prices due to higher fuel costs.

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Higher fuel costs? That's what THEY SAY, but as long as they keep seeing us purchase gas at these prices, what makes you think they'll lower the prices?

We need to strike to really send a message....

Walk to work, ride a bike, anything except drive, therefore eliminating the need for car fuel, even if it means not going to work in order to send a message...

Other than that, I see no other solution to putting a stop to these ridiculous high gas prices!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Higher fuel costs? That's what THEY SAY, but as long as they keep seeing us purchase gas at these prices, what makes you think they'll lower the prices?

We need to strike to really send a message....

Walk to work, ride a bike, anything except drive, therefore eliminating the need for car fuel, even if it means not going to work in order to send a message...

Other than that, I see no other solution to putting a stop to these ridiculous high gas prices!!!

if i dont go to work, my dad would cut me out of the family business, then i would have to sell my house, my cars, my boats, my jetskis , the yukon and there goes any future of a silverado in my driveway. :sad:

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying that any of us in particular can afford to miss work, I'm just saying that as long as those people over in the Middle East who control the oil see us purchasing gas at these prices, they will not cease to increase the cost as long as they continue to reap profits....

You get what I'm trying to say?

Shoot, lord knows I can't afford to miss an hour of work lol...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well we have, the news announced it, but we wont start until 2010 and it wont be produceing until liek 2015 if not longer we could start drilling today, right now and it would still be ATLEAST 5 years before we saw a product, Gotta build them. SUCKS MAJOR BALLS!!! if the tree huggers 10 years ago let us then we would be doing preety damn good right now. :cryin:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
well we have, the news announced it, but we wont start until 2010 and it wont be produceing until liek 2015 if not longer we could start drilling today, right now and it would still be ATLEAST 5 years before we saw a product, Gotta build them. SUCKS MAJOR BALLS!!! if the tree huggers 10 years ago let us then we would be doing preety damn good right now. :cryin:

The tree huggers would be happy to see us riding bikes and living in tents.