Does my 00 Tahoe have an oil life indicator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The place I bought it from said they changed the oil right before I bought it. Is there an oil life indicator that I would notice? Don't know too much about it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yes. The msg center in the left corner of the IP will read "CHANGE ENG OIL". After changing your oil, you can reset it by turning the key to the ign position (w/o starting the eng) and pressing the acc pedal to the floor three times.

TravisH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.

Got some ideas stirring up at the shop with what we are going to do for an A/V system in my truck. I'll let u know the details soon. I saw some new stuff at CES and we are going to MERA in a couple weeks, so I will be holding off til then.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Awesome. Can't wait to see. I couldn't go all out in my Tahoe like before in my other rides; got kids I have to tote around and road trips we're always going on these days, so I couldn't take up any cargo space and I got stuck doing something simple.
Anyway, keep us updated and post some pics from the CES and MERA shows if you get a chance.