Extremely Low volume from RSE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crollison

Reaction score
Just purchased an 08 LTZ. After purchase, we took the kids on a short trip, they tried out their headphones. Very disappointed with the fact that the wired headphone jacks do not put out sound, (actually, I just went out and if you turn the knobs all the way up, you can faintly hear the source).

Has anybody had this issue before and know what is wrong? Seems like it's not getting any amplification.

At the same time, I'm not sure if it is even supposed to, but the instrument panel lights do not work on the RSE panel. I get the display just fine, the buttons work, but it doesn't light up when the dash instrument panel lights are on. again, maybe they aren't supposed to, but they look like they should.

thanks for anybodies help.

Chewie9190

Reaction score
I am having the same problem on my 07, I called the dealership and asked how much for a replacement Rear seat control panel $268.00, I am going to check the wires and do a little more testing, and most likely replace the panel

crollison

Reaction score
Let me know what you find out, I haven't dug in there but sure seems like there would be a fuse or wire loose that would cause the issue.

Chewie9190

Reaction score
sorry it has taken me so long to reply, I replaced Rear seat control panel and everything works great now, the Audio and Video controls, as well as the AC/heater and seat warmers. :) It was simple to replace just pulled the surrounding panel off and the 4 screws and two plugs.