Flash Drive for music

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas_T

Reaction score
2015 Tahoe LTZ

My-Link sound system

A couple of questions:
1) According to an older thread, GM states that 32 GB is the max size, but someone stated that they were able to get a 64GB card to work. I cannot, but it may have to do with the brand, etc. Wondering if anyone else had any experience with this....

2) I've put together a few play lists in an M3U format. I find a few weeks later, my thumb drive becomes corrupt, and no longer plays some songs. I take it in the house, reformat it, and rewrite it, and all is good again. (Running an integrity scan/repair works too, but I always rewrite the data to be safe)

Anyone else experience this? I'm experimenting now with an SD card, with the write protection set. I'm assuming the limit there is 32 GB too, but not sure.

OLDBADBOB

Reaction score
I can relate, I put some MP3 songs on a 16 gig flash drive and a few weeks later only 4 songs would play. So I plugged it into the computer in the house and the other songs were no longer there. also it said the integrity of the drive was bad.
Suggest, only pull flash drive out when the Engine is not running. since there is no way to eject/safely remove the flash drive.