Found rattle....need help resolving...PLEASE!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rattle I am getting is from the re-coil mechanism for the seatbelt for the driver seat. If I tap the plastic cover where the seat belt retracts, I can hear it rattling making the exact same sound I get when I hit bumps. How do I get to it and when I do, what can be done to get rid of the rattle???

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little inconvenient....and dealers don't deal with rattles...

Should be a warrany repair, no?

I pulled back the panels and got access to the rattling spring assembly...unfortunatetly, like most GM junk, it is an assembly and impossible to get to the inside workings; therefore, I just wedged a bunch of velcro between the assembly and the frame and 'encased' it with velcro and cut up a thick sponge and put it around the assembly before popping panels back in place. Of course everything I did is removable for when I do take it in for something important, but at least for now, the sound is 99% gone....and yes, I slammed on the brakes a couple times to make sure everything was working properly after muffling the rattling spring..