How to replace my carpet??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZBrink

Reaction score
I am seriously considering replacing the carpet in my 2000 Yukon XL. It is close to beyond steaming or shampooing.

I'm in New Orleans and have been quoted no less than $900 for full carpet replacement (front and back). I can buy the pre-molded carpet and all of the material myself for around $300 so I am thinking of tackling the job on my own.

Has anyone done this? What all is involved? Are there instructions on taking out any of the side panels? The console? I figure the seat removal is fairly straight forward but the all of the side panels?? I dunno!

I would appreciate any and all help!

Zack

ghworsh

Reaction score
All of the plastic is held in with clips mostly, maybe a screw or two. Really simple. My carpet was badly stained and I thought there was no use in trying to clean. Once out, I soaked with a degreaser and let stand for about an hour. Make sure to wet carpet before degreasing. Then, I used a pressure washer to clean the carpet. Almost looks new and didn't cost but about $5 for degreaser.