I Finally Ordered My 2009 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I normally don't send posts like this but I'm just too darned excited to join the club.....

2009 Yukon Denali
58U - Carbon Black Metallic
Ebony Interior

• Heated / Cooled Front Seats
  • Heated Rears
  • 20" Wheels
  • Power Retractable Running Boards
  • Sunroof
  • Navigation with XM Traffic and Rear Entertainment System
  • Side Blind Zone Alert
  • Bluetooth (standard of course)

According to my dealer, I should get a build date next week!

:yesnod:

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, and great color choice:thumbsup:

You should be one of the first, and being there's zero demand for these trucks anymore, orders tend to get built and shipped VERY quickly.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to have the truck to TAKE pics! I have twin newborn girls and I'm tired of hauling all of the crap that goes along with them in my little Saab.

I'm hoping what beach said above. The demand is low, currently. I think production is supposed to start mid-june. Hopefully it's only a few weeks after that. I'll be sure to send photos.

Thanks all!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pick, you're gonna be really happy with it. I didn't know you could order already, but cool. When I ordered my 08 recently they said 4-8 weeks...
I ordered March 18, it was built April 11, scheduled to be delivered about April 22, was delayed and delivered May 2. So it should've been 5 weeks but took 6. They said it got re-routed for some other deliveries; I don't know but I do know the Arlington plant closed temporarily about a week or 2 after it was built. They say good that it was built on a Friday, I say maybe good that they knew they were gonna be getting paid time off soon- and were happy builders. Seems very tight. Well congratulations and hope this info helps a bit.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update:

I received a build "week" of 7/14 a few weeks ago. I just spoke to my dealer again. Now it's 7/21! (gggrrrrrr)

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo. FINALLY. I received my VIN today. It's in transit from Wisconsin - I live in the Detroit area. Now, say a prayer for me for some August incentives. :) (doubtful) :-(

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Carbon Black Metallic is an AWESOME color! Your are going to love it, enjoy!

bamachevy89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ordered a 2009 Yukon SLT-2 for my wife last week! She's excited and I'm excited to have gotten rid of that old '07 Tahoe from hell. That thing was a lemon. I lost a bundle on the trade, still owed $28k and only got $24k for it.

We got-
Steel Grey Metallic
Light Titanium Int
5.3 Flex- 2WD 6 Speed
Second row heated buckets
Nav
20'' wheels
Autoride

They told me 4-6 weeks, we'll see! I was more than happy to get out of the Tahoe.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Carbon Black Metallic is an AWESOME color! Your are going to love it, enjoy!

Thanks! I hope I love it. I'm sorta making a leap of faith by not seeing it in person, first. The only time I've seen this color code in person was on a (much smaller) Malibu.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It Has Landed!

OK - so it's not at my home yet. However, my dealer was nice enough to take some pictures and email them to me. I am waiting on the August 19th deals to come out to see if GM will have some mercy on my bank account.

In the meantime, he said I could visit it any time I'd like! :yaya:

This is right off the delivery truck so it's looking a little ugly. Once I take delivery, I'll get some better shots.

(check out the FlexFuel badge - that's new for the 6.2 I think)

Attachments

• LOU_002.jpg
    LOU_002.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 102
  • LOU_003.jpg
    LOU_003.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 86
  • LOU_004.jpg
    LOU_004.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 66
  • LOU_005.jpg
    LOU_005.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 62
  • LOU_006.jpg
    LOU_006.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 75

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you live in the Detroit area and looking for a great salesman, Lou at Red Holman is excellent! He's a super easy guy to work with.

Attachments

• LOU_007.jpg
    LOU_007.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 63

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a power assisted tilt steering wheel I see? Was that on the '08s?

attachment.php

gmcul8r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you stressed that they DON'T wash it!

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a power assisted tilt steering wheel I see? Was that on the '08s?

attachment.php

I don't recall seeing it on the '08s and my salesman made a comment about that as well. (first '09 he has seen) Kinda neat....it doesn't telescope though.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't recall seeing it on the '08s and my salesman made a comment about that as well. (first '09 he has seen) Kinda neat....it doesn't telescope though.

Yeah, I was just looking at some photos of '08s on ebay and none of them had it.