New Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just brought home a 04 Z71 in white. I can't believe the difference from my 96 2 door diesel. Tomarrow the windows get tinted and the Pioneer D3 goes in, hope I like that unit!!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Welcome. Yea, post pics when you get a chance. I have a D3 myself and like it. I think you'll like it as well. Every customer I have installed a D3 for has been happy with the features; Ipod and bluetooth interface (BTB200), the nav portion, etc.

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Yea, post pics when you get a chance. I have a D3 myself and like it. I think you'll like it as well. Every customer I have installed a D3 for has been happy with the features; Ipod and bluetooth interface (BTB200), the nav portion, etc.

What is a good price for the D3 installed with all the bell's and whistle's installed including a back up cam if you don't mind me asking??

Hoebag03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how much is that kenwood gonna run? i want a navi and the D3 keeps dropping in price

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I charge for an avg in-dash nav install about $150, and this includes using the vss and reverse wire for more accurate nav plotting. Some shops don't hook up these wires. Adding a Pioneer back up cam $50, Pioneer bluetooth $50, ballpark, depending on where you go.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn JK thats cheap, most shops want over 2 bills but you can hustle them a little. The kenwood is gonna be over $1200 hoebag so I'd look around and find the d3 for $500 or so if you are on a budget, I just like the 5v preouts.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Damn JK thats cheap, most shops want over 2 bills but you can hustle them a little. The kenwood is gonna be over $1200 hoebag so I'd look around and find the d3 for $500 or so if you are on a budget, I just like the 5v preouts.
Yea, but installing a nav is cake. I can install a simple deck in 5-10 mins in most vehicles, and a nav in one of our trucks in about 25-30. $150 for 30 mins worth of work isn't too bad I think. You are right about the 5v on the Kenwood models though. That's the only thing about the D3 I don't like is the 2v preouts. I went from a 6v deck to the 2v D3 and noticed a big difference.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how you get so quick at that stuff, I'm a slow bastard at wiring but I'll turbo your tahoe in 4 hours.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
16 yrs doing the same thing over and over, you're bound to get quick:D
Now,
offtopic.gif
Andy, didn't mean to go off topic. Post some pics after you get it tinted. Are you adding the Ipod cable, back up cam, or anything else to your D3?

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me 3 hours to wire up the ported 12 and simple ass loc, 1/2 of that time was pm'ing you and looking for wiring schematics for my truck until I lost my mind and just clipped the sub at the enclosure, guess my instinct served me well but it took long enough :twak:

andyb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, but installing a nav is cake. I can install a simple deck in 5-10 mins in most vehicles, and a nav in one of our trucks in about 25-30. $150 for 30 mins worth of work isn't too bad I think. You are right about the 5v on the Kenwood models though. That's the only thing about the D3 I don't like is the 2v preouts. I went from a 6v deck to the 2v D3 and noticed a big difference.

Wow, too bad i wasn't near you!!! I would hire you in a minute. I'm getting the D3 with everything including the wheel controls and hooking into the stock DVD system and tinting the windows with tax for 1300. Does this sound good???

GTO2050

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Dang, you work quick.....ever get to NJ? :D