Parking assist sensors beeps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnicks01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I am backing up and get within range of something, my parking sensors will beep once and the yellow light will come on. As I get closer, the second yellow and then red. I will still only get that one original beep though. After parallel parking for a bit, I got back in, put it in reverse and the beeping was continuous seeing that I was really close to someone and the light was red. Shouldn't the beeps get faster as I back up and get closer to something instead of just the original one? No dirt or anything else blocking the sensors.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be nice, but I don't think that is the way it was designed. Mine has the same behavior as yours.

Rich2007Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems after a car wash or heavy rain/driving through some large size puddles with this system? I get the "Service Park Assist" message on the dash and then they don't work properly until things dry out. The stealership investigated a couple of times and can't find anything wrong with it. Pisses me off like when the brakes get wet on these cold Chicago days and squeal like hell the first couple of touches (only 16K miles).
/end rant

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have problems after a car wash or heavy rain/driving through some large size puddles with this system? I get the "Service Park Assist" message on the dash and then they don't work properly until things dry out. The stealership investigated a couple of times and can't find anything wrong with it. Pisses me off like when the brakes get wet on these cold Chicago days and squeal like hell the first couple of touches (only 16K miles).
/end rant

I had it happen in the snow a few times. Lasts about a minute.

melroy

Reaction score
I had it happen in the snow a few times. Lasts about a minute.

on my tahoe a little snow, like a dusting of snow makes it beep crazy and then turns off the parking assist till i clean off sensors