Ram Air anyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see everyone goin crazy over cold air intakes,how about getting that nice cool outside air forced into the CAI,I recently made a ram air for my intake and my supercharger is loving it:ura:,im sure it will work great on a NASP motor as well,also I tested this for awhile in real hot weather and torrential downpoures,car washes,and no issues.Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1681.JPG
    IMG_1681.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1688.JPG
    IMG_1688.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    174.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Great job man:beerchug:. I did the same thing to mine a while back. It definitely helps at highway speeds if done correctly. I had mine on for a while and thought I felt a decent increase in throttle response on the highway. Couple months later after I had got used to it, I pulled it off and noticed the difference w/o the air being forced in, then put it right back on.
BTW, good to see ya back man. Been a long while. How's the truck been treating you?

Here's my setup:
Ram-airsetup2.jpg

Ram-airsetup.jpg

CAI1.jpg

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great job man:beerchug:. I did the same thing to mine a while back. It definitely helps at highway speeds if done correctly. I had mine on for a while and thought I felt a decent increase in throttle response on the highway. Couple months later after I had got used to it, I pulled it off and noticed the difference w/o the air being forced in, then put it right back on.
BTW, good to see ya back man. Been a long while. How's the truck been treating you?

Here's my setup:
Ram-airsetup2.jpg

Ram-airsetup.jpg

CAI1.jpg

Hey JK good to be back,Its great to hear from ya,I've been busy at work and now I have been off for awhile,so from time to time I check to see whats goin on,Your set up looks sweet also,I guess that air box you have had a stem to connect the dryer hose to and I see its closed,keeping that hot engine air out makes a big difference especially on hot days,My truck has been great,I recentley did the ram air,changed my swaybar bushings,endlink bushings,and rear dog bone bushings,electric fans,second bat,all upgrades I dont think they will never end LOL.I did notice my front diff seal leaking pass side,I went to the dealer today and picked up that seal with diff fluid I will install that this week,Hows your ride doin?,hopeing everthing is great.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
...I guess that air box you have had a stem to connect the dryer hose to and I see its closed,keeping that hot engine air out makes a big difference especially on hot days...,Hows your ride doin?,hopeing everthing is great.
Yea, makes a big difference. I actually cut the bottom section of the airbox out and made a new piece that the ducting connected to. I used a "premium" metal layered dryer hose rather than the cheap aluminum foil type. Holds up much better. Right now my truck is in the body shop getting the fender replaced from an accident a couple weeks ago. I'm also probably going to have to replace some of the steering components soon that are starting to get worn and sloppy. Other than that, it's been doing great.

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, makes a big difference. I actually cut the bottom section of the airbox out and made a new piece that the ducting connected to. I used a "premium" metal layered dryer hose rather than the cheap aluminum foil type. Holds up much better. Right now my truck is in the body shop getting the fender replaced from an accident a couple weeks ago. I'm also probably going to have to replace some of the steering components soon that are starting to get worn and sloppy. Other than that, it's been doing great.

Sorry to hear about the fender bender,She will soon be good as new,When I changed my steering components,I used all Moog there are much heavier than stock,and I also changed my steering shaft to the Borgeson witch made a difference.

pincusa

Reaction score
You guys worried about rain and snow (for anyone north) getting sucked up and pushed directly into the air cleaner?

Whipple1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys worried about rain and snow (for anyone north) getting sucked up and pushed directly into the air cleaner?

The rain isnt a problem,I used it in heavy rain and drove on the parkway then checked inside the tube when I parked just a little water spray,the tube has to be 3ft long and is going up vertical for about 2 ft,I will make a block off plate when it snows out so it dont get loaded up,my main source of air is through the fender well the ram air is just extra.I wouldnt use this setup on the beach and flying through 3 ft of water or offroad mud,ya know,but if you want to get cool air, its easy,cheap,and effective.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
I have a plate that sits between the opening and the tube. Whatever water does make it up the tube doesn't make it into the filter. After heavy downpours, the filter is nice and dry. Even the intake box and bottom of the plate stays dry.

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you take a pic of the plate or make a quick drawing in paint for me? I don't fully understand where to put the plate.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have been going back and fourth over this one myself, cant decide if the road grime, posible water (live in AZ and we get CRAZY downpours in the summer) and MASSIVE ammounts of dust directly into the intake...

I would also like to see a picture of this plate you speak of