SNOW !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have got some snow from the past night or two and thought i should post some pictures. With the Chicago weather im glad i got the 4x4, i Haven't gotten stuck yet and have been in some nasty stuff, earlier today i pulled a lady in a little toyota right off of the curb she had driven up on so i payed back some gas money. If you got some snow pics or stories post em.

Attachments

• tahoe snow 004.jpg
    tahoe snow 004.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 7
  • tahoe snow 005.jpg
    tahoe snow 005.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 6
  • tahoe snow 007.jpg
    tahoe snow 007.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 7
  • tahoe snow 003.jpg
    tahoe snow 003.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 7

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i should have some more if we actually get this snow they keep talking about.

(BTW theres a snow thread in the picture section)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Sweet. I wish it would snow here. We had a 80* weekend. Cold front just blew in, so the high here was only about 65 today:crazy:
Anyway, cool pics.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet. I wish it would snow here. We had a 80* weekend. Cold front just blew in, so the high here was only about 65 today:crazy:
Anyway, cool pics.

we were 85 today, 78 yesterday and 81 on monday, a cold front is blowing in tommarrow to bring us to about 60, chilly after that weather, then the weekend will bring us about 50. :wow:

there are some times when in the morning its 70 and by 3 pm its 50. :cuss: :ack:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang, wish we had that kind of weather up here. the crap they put on the roads (the new "liquid" crap) literally eats the clear coat off your rims. has to be bad on the truck as well. body shops BANK on indiana winters....

Looks like i'll have some custom painted DC1's or some new rims come spring time...

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
dang, wish we had that kind of weather up here...
... indiana winters....

Man I miss the snow. I've been in Tx since 85, but grew up in Indiana - Indianapolis, Logansport, Zionsville, and Lapel. I know you guys are tired of the snow probably, but I'm thinking about taking a little vacation up north somewhere. My wife and kids have never experienced more than a few flakes of snow.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I miss the snow. I've been in Tx since 85, but grew up in Indiana - Indianapolis, Logansport, Zionsville, and Lapel. I know you guys are tired of the snow probably, but I'm thinking about taking a little vacation up north somewhere. My wife and kids have never experienced more than a few flakes of snow.

i only lived in chicago for about 2 years, but in those two years we gots tons of snow, i loved it.

lived in texas for the rest of my life before that though, and now going on about 3 years here. :lol:

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dang, wish we had that kind of weather up here. the crap they put on the roads (the new "liquid" crap) literally eats the clear coat off your rims. has to be bad on the truck as well. body shops BANK on indiana winters....

Looks like i'll have some custom painted DC1's or some new rims come spring time...

They've been using the liquid de-icer for a few years around here. I've found that if you wax your rims right before winter they will be protected pretty well. In bad years you may have to re-apply mid way through the season.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I live in Waukesha, WI about 100 miles north of Chicago, and i personally got 18". Our official total for waukesha was 16.5" from the weatherman...

the 285/50/20 dont hook up so well while im in 2wd, but in 4 it was fine. With the amount of snow we have gotten this year, there werent many accidents, I think people are used to it.

this isnt my driveway, but it might as well be.. lol

Attachments

• WinterTimeRoad.jpg
    WinterTimeRoad.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 7

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, I live in Waukesha, WI about 100 miles north of Chicago, and i personally got 18". Our official total for waukesha was 16.5" from the weatherman...

the 285/50/20 dont hook up so well while im in 2wd, but in 4 it was fine. With the amount of snow we have gotten this year, there werent many accidents, I think people are used to it.

this isnt my driveway, but it might as well be.. lol

i remember waukesha. you guys are getting alot of snow. more than i remember

we actully lived about an hour south outside of chicago, place was called Kankakee. it was an intresting little town, supposed to be where the first dairy queen was started. :yesnod: and there was a white castle there o yea and monicles pizza , two things i miss from living there, other wise im glad to be out of there.

chevyrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I like having the snow, but at the same time I wish it was summer and I could be working on the truck outside. If it is going to cold during the winter atleast it can snow alot, which it is so im fine with all the snow. I was actually supposed to be going down to Texas for a week in march, but now I dont know if I will be able to.

-also you either have to have one strong truck to plow through that, or a huge snow blower.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading up to the UP for some snowmobiling this weekend and will undoubtedly see some snow, I'll try to get some pics with the tahoe. I got a tow strap last night in case I need to pull anybody out on the way ;)

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading up to the UP for some snowmobiling this weekend and will undoubtedly see some snow, I'll try to get some pics with the tahoe. I got a tow strap last night in case I need to pull anybody out on the way ;)

Wow -- long drive! You going to Marquette or Ontanagon, or somewhere else? Have fun -- sounds like a blast!

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah definately take some pictures up there, and get some of the sleds too.

Man I remember those pics you posted from last years trip. You should probaby tone it down a little this time.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• snowmobile air.jpg
    snowmobile air.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah definately take some pictures up there, and get some of the sleds too.

Man I remember those pics you posted from last years trip. You should probaby tone it down a little this time.:thumbsup:

:smilielol: Ya, right, this will only be my second time snowmobiling so I'm not real into the crazy stuff...yet...:D We are going to the Munising area. I haven't been up to the UP since leaving college (Michigan Tech) so it will be nice to see some snow again!