speed sense for navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
hey guys i got a 03 hoe with a eclipse deck i installed myself, but i never hooked up the speed sense wire and now my gps isnt working right. i was thinking that the speed sense is on the stereo harness becuase the stock stereo and a button to press for speed sound control at higher speeds. i have a 1 plug harness , no bose, no onstar. can anyone tell me which wire it is?

DSC00604.jpg

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Look on your factory stereo harness and see if you have a dark green wire with a white stripe. I can't remember which pin location it's in. If you don't find it there, you can pull the IP cluster out, and the dk grn/white wire should be on the IP cluster connector, pin A4.

02cadiHOE

Reaction score
on my 02 i had to run a wire to the engine bay for VSS.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
ok i took the deck out and looked i only seen a dark grn with no tracer, and a light green with a white tracer? its neither of these right?

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be 2 harnesses. The second smaller harness is wiring for onstar, aux cd player, and the VSS wire. I bet whoever installed the new stereo just shoved the harness back in there. Poke around and see if it is there.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
I installed the stereo and it was a base model with no onstar no Bose

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the stereo and it was a base model with no onstar no Bose

Ah...ok. I see now.

It that case, follow JK's advice. You will have to pull out your gauge cluster and tap on a wire to A4. Then just run this wire over to your eclipse's speed sense wire. If you installed your own stereo, then this part should be very easy for you.

bigsexy408

Reaction score
Ah...ok. I see now.

It that case, follow JK's advice. You will have to pull out your gauge cluster and tap on a wire to A4. Then just run this wire over to your eclipse's speed sense wire. If you installed your own stereo, then this part should be very easy for you.

it was until i found a stripped bolt on my ipc so im going to have to deal wit that friday night after work:mad: