Turn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Challenger:Denali

Reaction score
Does it bug anyone that the Denali and maybe others such as tahoes and regular yukons how when your driving and when you go over something uneven that the truck doesnt really handle it well it has body roll and it doesnt stay straight it kind of fish tails ?

uofmz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the most part i think thats all large SUVs and trucks... well in my experience anyway... but only at a higher speed than 30 or so...

Reaction score
for the most part i think thats all large SUVs and trucks... well in my experience anyway... but only at a higher speed than 30 or so...

Oh i dont know well the tundra ive drived and tacoma werent or arent like that its like a body roll..

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, fullsize SUVs are quite a bit heavier than those, and more top heavy, so if there is a roll tendency it would be more noticeable. But still, my Tahoe handles really tight for what it is, don't know if maybe the Z71 suspension helps it out though.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh i dont know well the tundra ive drived and tacoma werent or arent like that its like a body roll..

yea, but we have a 06 tacoma in our business fleet, they ride like ****, their stiff suspension is why, our trucks have a smooth suspension, and we loose some of that, but i dont notice the CRASHING over bumps, just kinda a bump and done, no body roll. But this one has that TRE (or F or D i cant remember the last letter) suspension, so im not sure if its right, but honestly any employee that drives it complains about the stiff ride, it was out of its 36k warrenty 2 years ago and its about 10k away from the powertrain one now. its going next week for a chevy colorado.

GMTech48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it bug anyone that the Denali and maybe others such as tahoes and regular yukons how when your driving and when you go over something uneven that the truck doesnt really handle it well it has body roll and it doesnt stay straight it kind of fish tails ?

ck your tire pressures

Reaction score
Well, fullsize SUVs are quite a bit heavier than those, and more top heavy, so if there is a roll tendency it would be more noticeable. But still, my Tahoe handles really tight for what it is, don't know if maybe the Z71 suspension helps it out though.

Yeah but the NEW TUNDRA IS HEAVY!
I dont know maybe these words will help the Denali feels a bit loosy goosey on handleing when i go over an unexcepted bump the Denali kind of looses its control a bit !

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new tundra has independent suspension. Ours do not. There are pluses and minuses to each.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that too, solid rear axle... I don't know, if I hit a pot hole I guess I can feel something like what you're saying, but it didn't seem extreme or unordinary. Hmmm...

Reaction score
Yeah that too, solid rear axle... I don't know, if I hit a pot hole I guess I can feel something like what you're saying, but it didn't seem extreme or unordinary. Hmmm...

its a tad bit annoying, the suv is only 50K plus you see my point!

sgmstr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 07 Tahoe and i feel that time to time. When I see it coming I let go of the gas and it stablizes a bit I guess. You can lower the car which will help, but it's gonna get bumpy.

Generally truck based SUVs do this as they use truck/pickup chasis/suspension/shocks. I would say it would be normal for your truck. In terms of rideability, Chevys trucks and SUVs are far superior than those by Ford, Toyota or Dodge. I remember seeing a video in YouTube where they compare how pickup trucks hold up in rough roads. Each manufacturer have goods and bads. I think F-150s received the highest score b/c the comparision test was done by Ford. Duh~

Reaction score
The Tundra doesnt have body roll?

Thats funny! Watch these videos -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjTbiYo3x0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx53MjiykiE

One Video Is About The Bed Bounce The Other Is About Suspension!
Do research before you post videos like this!
Im talking about when your driving and a graduated curve comes up and theres bumps in it then the Denali kind of looses its control quickly and a tad bit aggresivley the tundra doesnt! I drive a tundra and ive driven the Nali serveral times please think this time!

Ibcheeky

Reaction score
One Video Is About The Bed Bounce The Other Is About Suspension!
Do research before you post videos like this!
Im talking about when your driving and a graduated curve comes up and theres bumps in it then the Denali kind of looses its control quickly and a tad bit aggresivley the tundra doesnt! I drive a tundra and ive driven the Nali serveral times please think this time!

Ok I feel bad responding as you seem to have the IQ of a turnip. :ktoe: The issues you were describing with your gibberish is suspension related.

"Does it bug anyone that the Denali and maybe others such as tahoes and regular yukons how when your driving and when you go over something uneven that the truck doesnt really handle it well it has body roll and it doesnt stay straight it kind of fish tails ?"

That is one of the things they are showing in the first video, not just bed bounce.

"Oh i dont know well the tundra ive drived and tacoma werent or arent like that"

I would take that tundra that you have "drived" down to your local high school and work on getting a proper education! :yesnod:

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah I've noticed this too but to tell you the truth Chevy has come a long way to reduce this problem. My old 2002 did way more fish-tailing than my current 08. I'm not trying to be a smart ass but on my new truck I've figured out how well to control the steering wheel to get less of this.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
challenger....watch that first video again...from what i understand with your 4th grade education your talking about is the lateral movement of your denali when your turning and it bounces around (see chevy part of video) vs when your saying how much you love your stupid tundra and how well it handles....take the same turn in your jap crap and tell us what happens i bet your bed goes crazy even though there may not be as much lateral (that means side to side) movement