Window tint question.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZSCTACO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys that have tinted your windows......What percentage tint is best to put over the factory rear windows for it to match 5% tint on the front drivers/passenger windows??? I have read somewhere (don't remember where) that 35% over the factory stuff will get you 5%. Any feedback or input????

Thanks....

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Adding a layer of 35% might be just a bit lighter, but very close.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my hoe is limo'ed perfectly.. you cannot see from the outside in; however, inside-out is very easy! i believe my tint is as follows: 5% front and very back hatch window, and 15% on all back side windows for 100% perfect match that's also very easy to see out the back passenger windows for merging. i doubt it matters too much, but i used llumar tinting.. i think it's the best.

i contacted my tinter and if it's 20% on the back sides i'll make sure to post it up here asap, but i'm almost positive it's 15.

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 5% tint ontop of the fatory 35% tint from the rear passengers all the way to the rear hatch and its extremely dark, cant see a thing from outside, night or day, but seeing from in out is somewhat impaired but ok for me because I'm used to it, then I have 20% on the fronts and a 25% brow on the winshield.