2009 Tahoe LT Z71 V8 5.3 flex MPG?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XZZZZZZX

Reaction score
I have a 09 tahoe z71 v8 5.3 with 38k miles using 87 octane fuel and I am seeing around 10.5mpg and 14-15mpg on the highway-long trips...Is this normal? I think the city should be higher. No mods and normal driving conditions. 4wd set to 2wd (not auto). Any suggestions on how to increase?

Last edited:

btowns

Reaction score
Run premium in it! I get better mpg's outta my 07 Z71 with premium. I get about 14mpg on average (our driving conditions will vary) but I've got a leveling kit and some canoe racks on mine, and a low-back pressure exhaust so I should be getting less lol

Also, when testing highway trips (here in the mountains) I get about 18.5 a gallon

Towin' Tahoe

Reaction score
I've owned my LTZ for about two weeks. I set my info on the dash to instant read out and watch acceleration, get off the gas when I see I'm going to slow down or stop, I've been getting 13.8 to 14.1 around town doing that. No road trips yet. I fear what it will be when I tow my trailer.

new2hoes

Reaction score
I have an 04 and only get about 10 around town & 14 ish on the highway. what can I do to get it up to 15-16 (or better?

Mussin

Reaction score
My 07 gets 14 around town and 18.5 on the highway.