buy a 97 yukon with some issues, what am i getting myself into??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you can't find any let me know i have the stock cover and all the bolts laying out in the garage since i put the 3 quart diff cover on mine.

keeps it nice and cool.

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyways, the local autozone had what i needed, i just got back. is there anything that works really well to clean the rear diff while i have the cover off, and thats safe to use in their, maybe just some wd-40 but im not really sure? today im going to replace all the bolts and seal up the diff cover after i clean it out, then tommarow ill fill her up, and this weekened my new transfer case comes in.

is it difficult to replace the transfer case or not? im guessing its going to be semi diffcult, but the truck is jacked up right now and i have no problem getting under the truck. also, does anyone have any idea how much these weigh, just wondering if i should throw a jack under it and just let it fall on the jack instead of trying to wrestle it down.

the 18th letter

Reaction score
WOOOOOW!!

alright everyone, heres some more, sorry for the quality, i took them with my iphone but my other camera is broken right now :(
these are the back seats, just to get you an idea
truck6.jpg

this is the back area, the small sub enclosure, and the black carpet box on the right side is covering a custom fiberglass box to cover the amp and all the wiring
truck5.jpg

just a view from the rear
truck4.jpg

if you turn your head, you can see the rsx remote for the air ride in the dash(the two gauges and red button) and the kenwood 10 disc changer along with the custom center console
truck3.jpg

just the trim
truck2.jpg

and a view from behind
truck1.jpg

:eek2: Now THAT's ballin! Makes other cats look like they're just shootin around.

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
came across a pleaseant suprise to help many of my questions this morning!!!!

im sent them an email, and also the place that did all the work. the magazine states that its running 6lb's of boost, and cranking 420-hp. im trying to dig up a better issue, that one is hasy.

Attachments

• dub article.jpg
    dub article.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 13
  • dub article2.jpg
    dub article2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 17

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he's a soap opera star alltho i dont think thats the same truck man it states it a 94 yukon you said urs was a 97

ac1975

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look pretty similar. Man, that's a great looking 2 door. WOW! Congrats bro.

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o, it is the same car, the guy i got it from said he had the magazine with the car in it, and that it was featured in dub mag in 01 or sometime around then. it states its a 94, but dub magazine was selling it as a 97 when they sold it. theres parts in that truck that only this one would have(custom switches, and parts in the dash installed the same). the floor mats also have this guys ignitials in them, but i ordered new ones anyways.

Whippled2dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking yukon.

On a side note, if you have the lid for the stock air box, I would put it back on. It helps bring down your IAT's (intake air temps) a little and might give you a little better performance with the whipple.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice... That's a serious horn!!

(btw, mine's not working).. ;o(

YukonRidin23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$13,000? good luck.

actually, i had great luck and it wasnt even an issue, which suprised me, it was more of a feeler of anything, just curious.

i put it up for sale for sh*t$ and giggles, and sure enough i had multiple reply's and had people wanting to come pick it up for $14,000, yet even though that would be such a great investment oppurtunity, im going to keep it for a couple months before i even decide to sell if that.

1999HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** that if someone wants to gimme 14k for a car i paid 3k for ide be on it real quik i can see with the mods how people would want it but anyone buying it wants it for status of saying hey my car was in dubb magazine and was owner buy shamaar ...now if it was a tahoe owned by deniro or pacino im on it lol good luck man post up some more recent pics of it

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pffft. if someone actually said 14K AND they would come and get it.. I'd be all over that.

Unless they were shadey or something... then I would be scared to do the transaction. cause that kind of ride might attract the gang banger type maybe.