How many are for or agenst the SIRIUSXM merger?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I get most of what I already have on XM and get some of the better portions of Siruis I'd be happy.

I assume that they will transmit some Sirius programming on some of the lesser used or least popular XM channels.

No ones current receiver will receive both types of programming so they will most likely go this way, at least at first.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had both and I very much prefer SIRIUS over XM. Not that XM is bad and I wont bash it. But as for the play lists as mentioned, I most of the time never even heard of most of the bands that were on XM. And on SIRIUS I hear all of my favs all the time.

To each his own - but I feel the other way around. I am not for the merger either as I dont want the XM playlists :lol:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
From recent meetings with our company's XM and Sirius reps, they (reps) said they will offer packages that have available channels from both current channel lineups. In other words, a News and Talk package, Comedy, Sports, etc. And they mentioned you can keep your current subscriber and pick your own channels from the other line-up for your own customized channel line-up. But they also said the merger would be completed by the end of 07.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had both and I very much prefer SIRIUS over XM. Not that XM is bad and I wont bash it. But as for the play lists as mentioned, I most of the time never even heard of most of the bands that were on XM. And on SIRIUS I hear all of my favs all the time.

To each his own - but I feel the other way around. I am not for the merger either as I dont want the XM playlists :lol:

i dont like sirisu music, but i like their sports channels, i mean who needs an elvis channel:skep:

whats funny is sirius plays people i have never heard of and Xm plays all my favorites. but i think it matters who you started with, i went with XM first, know what all their channels have and like their programming, il bet if i started with sirius i would prefer them.

im not sure about the merger, i would like it in someways, but yea, would hate it for others. i also fear we would get commercials.

i think sirius wants the merger more than XM as they are hurting alot more than XM. i mean xm is like 6 times the size, and makes more money. another reason i think sirius radio wants the merger is that sirius has direct stuff on their website, and XM does not even mention it, they just talk about their stuff and programming.
:thumbsup:

Last edited:

speedr1023

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am definitely a sirius fan. I actually made sure that my tahoe didn't come with the XM package. I've heard their stations and don't care for them. And how do you figure out their stations, I mean come on names like fred and ethel what the hell is that? anyways, as a sirius stock holder, I hope the deal goes through to recoup some lost money, but as a listener, I hope it doesn't. I think that they we will lose some good sirius stations and its only a matter of time before the commercials start rolling freely on all channels.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I am definitely a sirius fan. I actually made sure that my tahoe didn't come with the XM package. I've heard their stations and don't care for them. And how do you figure out their stations, I mean come on names like fred and ethel what the hell is that? anyways, as a sirius stock holder, I hope the deal goes through to recoup some lost money, but as a listener, I hope it doesn't. I think that they we will lose some good sirius stations and its only a matter of time before the commercials start rolling freely on all channels.

You are right about the commercials, and when that happens, I might as well just go back to MP3 and FM.

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had both and I very much prefer SIRIUS over XM. Not that XM is bad and I wont bash it. But as for the play lists as mentioned, I most of the time never even heard of most of the bands that were on XM. And on SIRIUS I hear all of my favs all the time......:lol:

Same here!

YukonMud

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From recent meetings with our company's XM and Sirius reps, they (reps) said they will offer packages that have available channels from both current channel lineups. In other words, a News and Talk package, Comedy, Sports, etc. And they mentioned you can keep your current subscriber and pick your own channels from the other line-up for your own customized channel line-up. But they also said the merger would be completed by the end of 07.

I have heard the same thing, but with a much longer rollout date. I think all in all it will be the best for the consumer.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had both, prefer Serius over XM anyday, but I'm okay with the merge...whatever I guess, not a big deal IMO. XM has commercials...heard it the other day in my friends Tahoe...I was like WTF?

Mystic_angeleyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My fiance has sirius in his jeep GC SRT8 and i love it. I'm stuck with XM and i get tired of hearing the same crap on it! We love listening to Maxim Radio and Playboy Channel Plus i like more of the unscensored radio! I mean hello i don't have kids and i'm about to be 23 i don't think i have to be listening to radio disney on every station! We are Adults here!

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just means i'm going to have to buy a new reciever from pioneer, if they even offer one, since my Pioneer XM reciever i've had for less than a year will be worthless.

i like my XM, even though there could be many more good channels (i have 6-7 i like in all). not sure if i'll buy a new reciever or just buy an I-pod to put in the truck.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
just means i'm going to have to buy a new reciever from pioneer, if they even offer one, since my Pioneer XM reciever i've had for less than a year will be worthless.

i like my XM, even though there could be many more good channels (i have 6-7 i like in all). not sure if i'll buy a new reciever or just buy an I-pod to put in the truck.

Both satellite radio services have watered down music content, my i pod dosen't. The only thing I like about XM is the news/ talk channels.