I Finally Ordered My 2009 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
power assisted tilt steering wheel ? nice

I wonder if it auto tilts up when you enable the "Easy Exit" feature? Kinda like when the driver's seat side sided back.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FlexFuel badge has been on since 2008s.

Interesting.

Maybe it came out in mid model year or something. The attached picture is from October '07. It's a picture of an '08 (two of them) I test drove when I started shopping (yes - I take WAY too long to buy vehicles). Proof that it is an '08 is the color on the right. No offense, I need the proof because my memory stinks. :shy: They only had that Slate color in '08 I think.

Thanks for the feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_9593_low_quality.jpg
    IMG_9593_low_quality.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 31

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FlexFuel badge has been on since 2008s.

Not on the Denali. Unless GMCs website is incorrect, which it could be, the 2008 Denali 6.2 is not offered with Flex-Fuel capability.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Tahoe and Yukon with the 5.3?

Last edited:

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
other than THE CLAIM to help with air polution, is Flex-Fuel worth it? I mean you pay a tiny bit less, but also decrease MPG.

darkblade

Reaction score
other than THE CLAIM to help with air polution, is Flex-Fuel worth it? I mean you pay a tiny bit less, but also decrease MPG.

You would end up paying more per gallon with E-85 that regular unleaded because E-85 is not as efficient.

After everything is factored in it is about 20-30 cents more per gallon.

In my opinion it isn't worth it at all.

tbully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally took delivery of my new truck a couple of weeks ago. I took 4 hours this past Saturday to wax / detail it for the first time.

As soon as I get the pictures off my CF card in my camera, I'll post some.

I love this truck! Bluetooth and the cooled seats were worth the wait to me.

I honestly can't "feel" the horsepower increase (up to 403 this year).

Now, if I could get the wife to let me drive it now and then....... :D

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally took delivery of my new truck a couple of weeks ago. I took 4 hours this past Saturday to wax / detail it for the first time.

Congrats man on the new ride! So far I've had mine (SLT2 in black) for about two months and have found that each wash (once a week) takes about two hours! :cool2: I guess that is the price to pay for the slick color!

Anyway, congrats on a fine rig!

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ride, congratulations.

BTW, I love my black, but I just noticed that Slate Gray color is F'in shaaaarp!!

combatcraig

Reaction score
I like the chrome strip on the back and sides that the Denali has. I bought a chrome strip off ebay for my black Tahoe and like it. I liked the grill on the Tahoes better so that's what I got. To each, their own, congrats it is a sweet ride.

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score

As soon as I get the pictures off my CF card in my camera, I'll post some.

I love this truck! Bluetooth and the cooled seats were worth the wait to me.

I honestly can't "feel" the horsepower increase (up to 403 this year).

Now, if I could get the wife to let me drive it now and then....... :D

:thumbsup:

I just picked up my 09 Suburban last Saturday and I couldn't agree more. The cooled seats and the Bluetooth work great!

I like the chrome strip on the back and sides that the Denali has. I bought a chrome strip off ebay for my black Tahoe and like it. I liked the grill on the Tahoes better so that's what I got. To each, their own, congrats it is a sweet ride.

09 Burbans and Tahoe LTZs have both of those chrome strips.

josev9908

Reaction score
:thumbsup:

I just picked up my 09 Suburban last Saturday and I couldn't agree more. The cooled seats and the Bluetooth work great!

09 Burbans and Tahoe LTZs have both of those chrome strips.

Those of you with 09's, how is the bluetooth set up? Does it work with the Onstar microphone? Does anyone know if we will be able to add this feature to our 07 and 08 models? For those of you that have verizon and have added your vehicle to your plan, is call forwarding seemless or is there a delay? I was thinking of switching to Verizon and just presetting the call forward number into my phone. What do you guys think should I do that or just get that Parrot Bluetooth hardwired into the Yukon. My only concern is that I already know the car phone sounds good and there is no added device clamped to the dash like there would be with the Parrot bluetooth.

Last edited:

PMD GTO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Bluetooth works just like the Onstar calling feature does only it connects with your phone instead of using Onstar to call. So yes, it uses the Onstar microphone. It works really well and is very easy to use. Also, from what I've heard you won't be able to upgrade any older models.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading on other forums about Gm's 09 line up, that the bluetooth has stuff in the steering wheel and that would be hell to change out, and its a better deal to get a parrot system or the like.

josev9908

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go set up that Verizon account right now. By the way is there a charge for call forwarding?

ibobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm gonna go set up that Verizon account right now. By the way is there a charge for call forwarding?

I dont think so...I should be an included feature on you service. kinda like calling waiting. I also have Verizon. I was wondering if $9 mth is worth it.