Welcome Your Newest Gmt 900 Member!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice pick man, you're gonna love it. Still don't know how you got from a 50 sticker to a 34 price, couldn't get sweeter than that. Mine went from 53.5 to 43 after all rebates, so your still like 5500 better off than me. Cool though, but yeah, welcome to the full size GM world (just kidding man, but try not to tow any houses with it)! Oh, and can you tell me more about that extended warranty? I thought I had it good with 7 yrs/84k bumper to bumper, if there's better I'm going back there on Monday.

no idea really, it was just offered at levels and i chose the highest level.

which bumped up the milage and years.
gave me the teflon based acid rain paint protection
interior apperance protection
rims and tire protection
dent and ding
windshield chipping
leather and carpet ripping and staining

and some other stuff that im protected by now.

so if i get a rip, dent or ding, blow a tire, scrape a rim on the curve, etc they repair/replace for free.

now one question. where is the place i put the key when i need to get the spare tire?? i noticed that little 3x3 box next to the trailer hitch on the right side of the bumper, but i cant get the thing open.

the remote start if my favorite feature, i remote start from accross the parking lot and the truck is nice and cool , plus i shock people around me when the truck starts the lights turn on and they look in the window and take a second look its really funny.

2wd, why, couldn't get a deal on a 4wd, plus i figure in like augest or july im gunna buy an older sierra or silverado for doing the dirty work of the old yukon.

even if that one did have 4wd i would never use it as we get no snow around here (usually) and if we do the traction control more than makes up for what little we get. also i save gas, comming down the freeway with my cruise set to 60 i was getting an instant MPG of 32. :D im sure thats because i was going down hill but i loved seeing it.

whats fun is slam the brakes and it goes to 70 MPG. mash the gas and it goes to like 1. i love that.

THIS THING HAS AN ENGINE! !!!! even the 5.3 is more responcive than my dads (sold) old 6.0 denali. i love the exhaust tone, i wish it was a little louder, but people hear you when you stomp on the gas.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they combined two companies for the warranty, with one being for all the surface stuff? Sounds good to me, love to have that. I mean play your cards right and you could have a brand new interior/ paint job years from now.

On the spare, yeah the lock is right under the cover, and actually blocks the hole. As for getting the cover off, the manual doesn't say how, just "remove hoist shaft access cover" (thanks a lot). But I don't think it hinges open like on the BMW, i think you pry it open from one side, there should be a thin spot and you should use something like a plastic mini pry bar. But I don't know the right way yet, maybe we should all ask our dealer's to show us how, on some other truck.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
no idea really, it was just offered at levels and i chose the highest level.

which bumped up the milage and years.
gave me the teflon based acid rain paint protection
interior apperance protection
rims and tire protection
dent and ding
windshield chipping
leather and carpet ripping and staining

and some other stuff that im protected by now.

so if i get a rip, dent or ding, blow a tire, scrape a rim on the curve, etc they repair/replace for free.

now one question. where is the place i put the key when i need to get the spare tire?? i noticed that little 3x3 box next to the trailer hitch on the right side of the bumper, but i cant get the thing open.

the remote start if my favorite feature, i remote start from accross the parking lot and the truck is nice and cool , plus i shock people around me when the truck starts the lights turn on and they look in the window and take a second look its really funny.

2wd, why, couldn't get a deal on a 4wd, plus i figure in like augest or july im gunna buy an older sierra or silverado for doing the dirty work of the old yukon.

even if that one did have 4wd i would never use it as we get no snow around here (usually) and if we do the traction control more than makes up for what little we get. also i save gas, comming down the freeway with my cruise set to 60 i was getting an instant MPG of 32. :D im sure thats because i was going down hill but i loved seeing it.

whats fun is slam the brakes and it goes to 70 MPG. mash the gas and it goes to like 1. i love that.

THIS THING HAS AN ENGINE! !!!! even the 5.3 is more responcive than my dads (sold) old 6.0 denali. i love the exhaust tone, i wish it was a little louder, but people hear you when you stomp on the gas.

I absolutely love the remote start as it gets blazing hot here in Santa Clarita and I use it a lot to pre cool the Tahoe before entering. I thought the Yukon had the 6.0 engine and the Tahoe's have the 5.3, I love my 5.3 though, it thinks it's a big Corvette.

road1will

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrat man it looks fantastic! I may be getting into an 08 Tahoe once I finally get my Hoe back from the dealer.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That IS an SLT-1 like I saw on the GM site in Hall's inventory...seems exact except for the 3-passenger 3rd row vs. the 2-passenger (maybe swapped it for another customer?). Not sure about the differences especially in their original $49k posting, as that's what it is. Hence the no heated/memory seats, power liftgate, etc. No problem, as you probably know that by now, but it is an SLT-1.

Looks GREAT! Hopefully it is just as great as the old one...especially with lighter duty treatment:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That IS the SLT-1 I saw on the GM site in Hall's inventory...with the $45k sticker. Not sure where they came up with posting it as $49k, though. Hence the no heated/memory seats, power liftgate, etc.

No problem, as you probably know that by now, but it is an SLT-1.

Looks GREAT! Hopefully it is just as great as the old one...especially with lighter duty treatment:thumbsup:

no its not it, i asked them about that one and they showed it to me, this one is a different one. the one you saw online had no nav and a 3 passenger third row. i have nav and a 2 passenger third row. so while it is an slt-1 and i dont really care as it has more big ticket items than my old one. just kinda pointing that out. im perfeclt happy not to have all the little buttons as im sure those would give me hell in the years to come. has all the stuff i want and more and nothing i dont. perfect.

thanks for the complaments though. i love it aTON

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, on getting that cover off without beating it up....It DOES hinge open...sorta. Reach BEHIND the bumper cover, and feel around for that little square spot, and push it open from behind. Now, getting it back on can be quite a project.

beach109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no its not it, i asked them about that one and they showed it to me, this one is a different one. the one you saw online had no nav and a 3 passenger third row. i have nav and a 2 passenger third row. so while it is an slt-1 and i dont really care as it has more big ticket items than my old one. just kinda pointing that out. im perfeclt happy not to have all the little buttons as im sure those would give me hell in the years to come. has all the stuff i want and more and nothing i dont. perfect.

thanks for the complaments though. i love it aTON

Yeah, looks great...but really weird. Especially how, still on their site, if you click the link for the $49,995 one on their site, you still get the $45,775 sticker.

Regardless of their confusion, GREAT truck and color!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, looks great...but really weird. Especially how, still on their site, if you click the link for the $49,995 one on their site, you still get the $45,775 sticker.

Regardless of their confusion, GREAT truck and color!

my dealer was the internet guy and he said his employes screw it up all the time, plus the fact that its still up there means thats not the one right??? but no they had 4 07's they only put on up on their site. kinda like saying your shipment will arrive in a week and you get it in 3 days type thing. but WHAT EVER, i have an awsome brand spankin new truck, built in augest of 07. so its not even a year old yet, drives like a cadillac, smooth like butter, tight and solid as a rock, luxury of a rolls, and power like a vette. ok kinda over doing it here, but its just the best truck EVER. i cant belive i drove an expi, get in this thing and its like night and day difference with fit and finish and power, the 08 expi i drove felt like it had a v6 in it.

another neat thing i just found was the tranny temp in the DIC. finding all these cool things, and i love watching it switch from v8 to v-4 mode. then my gas MPG. funny thing is according to the DIC im only getting 6.8 mpg, but im sure that will get much better with normal driving and not test drives. but the instant MPG reads anyware from 14 to 26 in realistic numbers.

freeway today coming back from Norfolk i was varying from 55 to 70 and at 55 for 4 min i would average 24 65 would go to 20 then 70 would be at 18. not bad at all for a huge suv like this.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
some daytime pics.

yes3-4.jpg

yes6.jpg

yes7.jpg

yes5-1.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you say the 900 is an improvement from the 800, being that you have owned both?

HUGE HUGE HUGE IMPROVEMENT. interior is more solid than my yukon was new and its smoother, quieter (except for some exhaust noise, but i love the tone so not a big deal)

engine is night and day difference.

features are cooler, seats are comfier, rides like a cadillac, luxury feel is alot greater, thing feels huge, but drives like a new BMW. parking this beast is easier than my 06. no squeaks, rattles, and their not gunna come for a long time, options are better designed, interior is better designed , more space in all three rows, plus i have a 100k warrenty. best of all worlds. light years ahead of my 06.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
HUGE HUGE HUGE IMPROVEMENT. interior is more solid than my yukon was new and its smoother, quieter (except for some exhaust noise, but i love the tone so not a big deal)

engine is night and day difference.

features are cooler, seats are comfier, rides like a cadillac, luxury feel is alot greater, thing feels huge, but drives like a new BMW. parking this beast is easier than my 06. no squeaks, rattles, and their not gunna come for a long time, options are better designed, interior is better designed , more space in all three rows, plus i have a 100k warrenty. best of all worlds. light years ahead of my 06.
You must have the 5.3 flex fuel engine right?